Sunday, October 19, 2008

satisifed

sorry for the late updates :) I guess blogging still isn’t part of me ba.. or prolly I haven cultivate the habit of blogging.. anyways, there’s so much things I want to blog abt..

4 Oct 2006!

Its already autumn and that means rainy season is here and its gg to get colder! Its ald 4-12 degrees! Haha..
got another pair of waterproof boots, check it out :) yeah!

Autumn= leaves change colour! So wad did doris do on a Saturday morning?
she went to school early in the morning and walk around the carpark with a walmart plastic bag, sneaking around like some aunty, and went thru the piles of fallen autumn leaves! She simply cant resist the beauty of the colourful leaves! Its too gorgeous not to share it with her frens.. so ya, she spent half of the morning picking the leaves, the whole afternoon washing, pressing and drying the leaves and of coz the whole of Tuesday, mailing out the leaves to her love ones back in spore!! Hope those who received it will love it!!

Mt Doug Adventure
on the same day, doris met up with geoggies Thomas and James to hike Mt. Doug!
Its absolutely pretty up there!!
story: James is a super good climber can?? He’s been to Himalayans, so Mt. Doug is no kick to him. So we took the shortest n oso the STEEPEST route up Mt. Doug. I was like “OKI!” coz doris haven been exercising n thus equal to weak stamina! Haha.. so ya, she act tough n carried on.. luckily Thomas was recovering from illness, so we took stops so that he can catch his breath, and so doris wont appear that weak.. haha.. I noe I noe its alrite to admit you are weak, but I just didn’t wana slow the group down.

hiking thru Mt. Dou was like in the enchanted forest of Lord of the Rings! I felt like I part of the filming crew or even best, acting the movie!
Haha.. oki, the route up is REALLI steep!! I was reminded of the hile up Stong with my odacians, I miss jing, eng, wenjie n sharon lots! Haha.. awww.. yups, a pretty tough, challenging n rather breathless route up! And the ground is of sofr mud and loose soil, so we had to move fast so that our foot wil not slip or sink..

Nvm, so ya, we had to scale the huge rock outcrops! N doris was on her fours! Coz it was very steep, n any mistake wil mean that u will fall like from a storey height? Haha.. yes, its that scary!

So I tot we reached the summit but BOY NO! we were just at the false summit, it’s a little more to the real summit! Haha.. den the guys went crazy and got very excited! I was like wads gg on? Coz they saw a geog celebrity- David Suzuki! (Go google him if u duno who he is) haha.. actually I oso duno abt him until the guys told me abt it.. haha..

so yes, now let the pics do all the talking! Jus admire!

RARA!! see the orange patches? they are pumkin fields! they reminded me of YOU!!

mustard seed:
project title: “mustard seed”. I think it’s a very nice name.. it reminded me of teens ybls (roy! Jia you with it!!)
where: home of mustard seed! Haha..
who’s involve: ivcf, me, peixian and aaron
activity: COOK. Its rather fulfilling coz you know that you are cooking for those helpless and homeless. These needy people comes to mustard seed home to have their meals.
wat was cooked: Mexican meal!
so wad did doris do: OH N-O NOooo, she dint steal their food n eat oki?? SHE DIDN’T even though it smelled so nice and seemed soo tempting! SHE RESISTED the food temptation oki?? Haha.. so yes, Doris enjoyed opening cans! She’s soo amazed and hooked up by their can opener! Its different, FUN n easy to use. Oh, the can-opener is SUPER DIFFERENT in looks and in the way one operates it!! Its attached to the corner of the table.. :) I wana go bck there n open more cans! But by the end of the day, she opened soooo many cans of beans that she n aaron feel sick at the sight of BEanS!! Haha..
outcome: yummy nice food. Doris dint stay to serve the food, so dint get to see the smiley and satisfied faces of the diners.

so wad did doris do when helping out at mustard seed: DINNER at Chinese restaurant with peixian and aaron! Haha..
oki, no matter how delicious the food looks, just tink of the amt of MSG used and u’ll consider twice eating it.. haha.. hey, doris is very health conscious okie?
well, we really had an enjoyable and edifying chat! we shared about our views of church and of Christianity.. n how we are missing all the happenings in church.. I really like hanging with them and to ponder how the long conversations we have.. it really makes me think n be more critical! Im thankful that at least there are people on the same boat as I m.. :)

yeah, im soo looking forward to our own bible study!
hmm..one thing px and Dr. Penny reminded me: to treat the Word with respect, holiness and in context. Not a single word or punctuation in the Bible is extra or reduntant. Heaven the earth will fade but His Word will remain.