Saturday, September 27, 2008

counting gRacE!

Busy week but thankful for lots of things.. I really should be doing work and catchin up on sleep but I have lots of things on my mind that I wan to share!

UVic sch system:
it’s a whole different system here at UVic.
Students dun pay a fixed semester tuition fee, instead they pay by module. So if u take 3 modules, u pay fees for that 3 modules only. There is no such thing as s/u like that in NUS, if they drop the module halfway, they most prob wont get their fees back. There is a 2.5 weeks try-out period for each module. During that 2.5wks, u can sit n for any class, add or drop modules, but once the deadline is up, u’l have to pay for wad u reali wana take. Most students spend 4 yrs to complete their degree. I see quite a few working adults or more senior citizens taking the same module as me.. haha.. that’s one gd thing abt the system here. U pay to learn wad u really are interested! Yups..

geogies in spore, esp kexin,jaslin, melo, twinee, Gerald ho, I miss having u guys in my geog classes!! I really do!! LY, I hope u are having fun in UK!! Haha.. so yups, im dedicating all these to my beloved geogies!! Haha..

GEOG440: interpreting suburban landscapes
This is one module that I SOOOO WANT to drop!! Haha.. reALII!! When I first went into class, I was sooo super overwhelmed by the course requirement. It’s a level 400 module, so the class is SMALL, like 20 pple onli.. n ya, I need to do a research paper on Victoria!! Oh mann, SOS!! I know nuts abt Victoria, how am I gg to even write a paper on that?? Haha.. I made up my mind to drop the module.. I emailed Dr. Pow but he encouraged me to have a chat with the prof at UVic to work things out.. Dr. Pow, u are the MAN!! Its really nice to receive feedback n greetings from powpow!! Haha.. im thankful that I DIDN’T DROP the module!! Coz im enjoying it to every bit.. y?
1. No formal sit-in the seminar room lecture.
2. Go out on fieldtrip every week!!
Yes, the cars here is very affordable so many students do own a car, so we carpooled for our fieldtrips!
3. Each week, I spent 3hrs visiting the different suburbs (heartlands)of Victoria!
Plus, I dun have to pay any touring fees!! Haha.. its like a mini-day tour every week!!
4. Prof Larry bought the class bagels! So yes, I had my first bagel on a geog fieldtrip!
5. I get to take more photos then note writing!!
yeahs! Wil post photos soon!
Prof Larry reminds me of TC Chang.. awww..

GEOG 385: Environmental Aesthetics
How often do u see a female prof sooo spontaneous as to go shave her hair off for charity?
So she comes to class with a cap every day! Haha.. yups, tats Prof Lisa!! Haha..

GEOG 308: GIS
whats does GIS means?? I bet no one can agree better with this:
GIS- Geography Is SEXY!! Hahas.. Prof Ian is nice.. he comes in every week with this HUGEEEE INFLATED BEACH BALL with the globe printed on it!! Hahas.. he has to walk two buildings draggin that huge beach ball with his lappy, n other stuffs!! Haha.. tough eh?? Haha.. n guess wad, he used some gis map n zoom in to show us his lovely house n he happened to b at his backyard when the satellite shot was taken! Lolz.. so he too got a shock of his life.. so much for privacy eh.. haha.. im enjoying his lessons but they are really early.. I always end up dozing off for the last 15mins.. boohoo..
hey kexin, u saw my facebook photos of the GIS lab?? Haha.. very cool!! The screen is HUGEEE!! Sooo much bigger than my face.. I tink one screen can fit two of LY’s face!! Haha.. hope u are coping fine with GIS! GIS can b soo fun! Haha.. jus tat im using all the Canadian maps.. so ya..

MAths 160A: Mathematics for Elementary Teachers!!
YES, im taking this module!! Haha..At first, I tot it would b super chicken feet or wad.. coz elementary sch mah.. haha.. but im soo wrong!! Haha.. I tink im more hardworking for this module than when I took MA1102R Calculus in NUS! Hey, being an elementary maths teacher is not easy!! Haha.. Im like re-learning maths!! Yes!! So interesting and fun la.. I re-learnt problem solving! N oh gosh, LOGIC is damn CHIEM!! Negate this, negate that.. I bet some of u dun even noe wad is LOGIC abt!! Haha.. its amazing wad the elementary sch kids here have to learn.. oki, let mi conduct a test:
1. What is the numerical system that we are using??
2.
5 and 8, which is a bigger number? Which is the smaller numeral?
3. What is a terminating decimal representation?
4. Find a decimal expansion which terminates at the third number?
haha.. u can tag ur answers!! Haha.. n oh, amanda, I always tink of u when I attend this class.. haha..

Oki, need to rest now.. wil blog again..
To those whom I yet to reply ur email, im sorry, give mi some time oki?? Haha..

Jeff, I hope alls well n fine.. take care buddy, miss u.
lily ong, lets aim for breakthrough!
yf, thankiews I enjoyed listenin to joyce preach too.
da, LGLG.
xh, rara, junejune, eve **smiles**
mz, miss u! hang in there babe.
bingde, jia u!
kaiwei, jinshanling!!
teens, preserver. He is Faithful!
LEE family, love u deeply