Saturday, October 25, 2008

grateful!

Thank God for everything.
So far been doing superbly well in all my modules, yeahs!

440 is a class I so wanted to drop when I first sat in on day 1.
It was one class that I feared going to but really enjoy at the same time! Dilemma!
It was class in which I had my first bagel in Canada!
It was the first class I cried over having to write a 500word essay!
went to Geog440 class ystd.
Prof Larry told the class “Doris is gg to lead the discussion today!” n I was like huh?? Wads going on?? Why me? I duno anything! DUN ASK ME ANYTHING!
He explained to the class the that something Doris said during a consultation with me triggered him to set aside time for this session. So we dint have any fieldtrip this week, boo.. but stayed in class partly coz of smth Doris said which trigger Prof to change lesson plan.. haha..
During the break, Prof Larry came over and said “Doris, your fieldwork is really impressive.” He wrote in my fieldbook “first class effort”! He showed some of my classmates my work and he asked me why I dint want a letter grade. All I wanted from him was a pass/fail. So, I explained how the SEP system work. And all my classmates were like “WHAT, you dun want a letter grade n you worked so hard?” haha.. actually, I dint work super hard, just gave my best..
I showed Larry my rest of my own notes and he went like “Doris, you are in BIG TROUBLE mann. You knew so much and prepared so much yet you kept quiet in class. Oh boy are you going to lead the next discussion!” He winked at me and left.
It really made my day! Knowing that I wasnt lagging in a class that I was at a disadvantage coz I aint a local and knew nuts about the Canada culture, I needed to read up on everything from Canada housing policy to banking insurance, to transportation just for one module! Haha..
I really like it here coz for once results doesn’t matter and its really about just pure learning.
Doris still gave her all for leisure learning :)

Continue to jia you Doris!!

Went to Bann Thai with today with Mr. Tan, his neighbor and Aaron. Totally loved our dinner! Yeah!!
Yummy food, lovely ambience, great company, what a great FRIDAY!
but it wasn’t all these which really struck me today but was the visit to Mr. Tan’s house.
Mr. Tan was from Singapore, he moved to stay in Canada 30 years ago, his children and grandchildren are still in Singapore.
A 82 yrs old widower in a humble house, his calling and ministry touched my heart deeply.
He has two gigantic maps of mainland China and he showed us all the prayer booklets he had on China.
God called him to be an intercessor. His enthusiasm and passion really touched me. He has big Chinese bible with 2 magnifying glasses above it. It made me reflect upon the ministries I am involved in. In my view, Mr. Tan is a prayer warrior.
There’s so much I can learn from the Wed small group, from Dr. Penny, Mr. Tan, Moh, Pastor Debbie, Kai and Randy. I’ll miss Dr. Penny and Esmay when they leave for Mexico next week. Aww…