Had a balanced weekend, wheee.. got work done and had fair share of fun!! Oki.. well probably not all work done but some ya.. work is never, that’s one thing for sure!! Haha..
I went to local farmer’s market, and that means that all produce sold are home-made or home-grown. It reminded me of my neighbourhood market back in Singapore. The stud they sell there are really cool!
It’s a hand-carved wooden cap! Pretty cool eh? But its heavy! Haha..
went downtown to try to catch a glimpse of the tree protest going on.. but it ended already but I at least I got to enjoy the entertainment provided by the street buskers and enjoyed the SUN! yeah, i miss and love the sun! took a photo of the famous Empress Hotel. Jus compare the two photos, one taken in summer when I first got here and one in autumn. Autumn really gives one a differnent FEEL! wow, time really flies.. been in Victoria for 9 weeks ald!
caught THE ALPS at IMAX!! But before I even catch the movie, greeny took over and ya.. engrossed herself in all the greeny green green!
Went FENCING too.. its sooo cool n fun! I really count myself fortunate to have met Garry, Jing (Garry’s cousin) and Hugh (Jing’s bf). Thanks for letting me be part of the family, Jing! Hugh came to fetch Garry and me for fencing today! Xiaohui, its prolly not the type of fencing your sis is into, it’s a different kind. But its stil super cool! Hugh has been into fencing for 15years! Hmm.. I told Hugh that the things that I really am good at after 15years is EATING and studying (I guess).. haha.. oki, dun laugh at me wor.. to eat like me and not gain much weight is a skill okie, and some call it talent, so ya! EATING is my thing! Haha.. anyway, ya, back to fencing! Its not the Olympics kind of fencing style, its more like ZORRO kind of style.. I’s always been a fan of zorro since I was young and I totally love the way he fights, rescues and saves the day! Haha.. to see the zorro style of fencing come alive before my eye is REALLY WOOHOO!!
These people are really in love with and serious about fencing! They got their own sword, gears, shield, breastplate, amour and etc, no kidding oki! Its like the gladiator kind of sword fight! Hug’s breastplate is specially designed and hand-made by a blacksmith! How cool is that! The sword is heavy and my hands got so pain that it totally went numb and I dint have strength to fence or ‘poke’ Hugh with the sword. Its my first time, so I just did basic drills and Hugh said I performed well and hence allowed me to go into the ‘real fencing arena’. I was really scared coz Garry had trained for two weeks before Hugh allowed him to enter the arena and I was only trained 1.5 hour and he is asking me to go out to battle ald? Is he kidding? If you think I chickened out, yups, you are half right coz I really thought that I wasn’t prepared enough to fence and dint want to injure myself. But eventually I did. I was ‘killed’ several times and but hey, I wasn’t too bad for a first timer oki, coz I did ‘kill’ my opponent at least three times oki.. haha.. Fencing is all about being alert, quick and swift.. im loving it.. :)
Alritely, the almost two months strike in school has finally come to an END!! And that means the student union building (SUB) is back in business tmr!! Yeah.. so happy.. tat means one more hangout place in school and that all student activities and facilities are back in operation..
Most westerners thinks that Asians are super workaholic but boy are they wrong.. haha.. the UVic lib opens daily till 11pm except on Friday and boy every Sunday the crowd in the lib is no different from that on weekdays. How do I know? Coz I go to the lib even on SundayS (emphasis added!) haha.. so even if im on SEP, I dun slack oki?? Haha..
Msn with RARA today she asked if there’s train service in Victoria, well no MRT line nor subway system just bus as the main mode of transport! Their bus system is really handicapped and elderly friendly. I was explaining to EVE on skype that Victoria is like the Pulau Ubin of Singapore. So YES, DORIS STAYS n STUDIES on an offshore island and, if I want jing bao city life, I need to take the high-class “bumpboat” aka ferry ride across the sea to main island Vancouver which is like the main island Singapore. So ya! Haha.. and fyi, each 1.5hrs ride is abt CAN$14! Expensive “boat ride” eh? Haha.. will take more abt the transport system next time..