Hi there.. sorry hadn’t reali updated my blog coz dint find the time to.. hahas.. or rather, its tedious uploading those photos.. hahas.. first, I apologize for changing the tagboard, so peeps who did tagged, sorry abt that, but ya.. tagging continues as per normal! So xh, hav fun flooding my tagboards.. n to all the silent readers (the term used by the ng family) out there, happy reading!
Sch started and am currently into third week of sch.. so many ppl ask mi online, “hey, hows sch?” so to one n all, my here’s my ans: “ the sch building in nice! All walkable distance so there isn’t any internal shuttle like tat of NUS! Hahas.. well, there are things I reali love abt the sch n things which I tink can b improved! Like wad?
1. I love the bunnies in sch, its really nice! U jus see them everywhere!
2. i like the climate even though it’s very unpredictable! When I first came it was realiii COLDDD!! But now its warming, I reali wonder y? I mean its suppose to b colder coz fall is coming… but whatever who cares, prolly coz global warming! But ya, I like the weather now n I miss the sun! when I first came, I cant leave the house without a jacket but now I can even wear flipflops to sch n dun need a jacket! Hahas.. but like I said, the weather is totally UNPREDICTABLE! It can b cooling in the morning, super warm in the afternoon n super COLd at nite.. hahas.. n yeahs, I slept on the greeny fields in the sch!
3. The sch welfare is actually not bad! i travel for FREE!! Yes, now im very sensitive to the “FREE” word! Coz things are getting more n more expensive everywhere, not jus in spore n Canada! Hahas.. so with my student card, I travel on public transport for FREE! Since Victoria is an offshore island, there is no undergrd train system so onli public buses. Without the student card, each trip is like $2.25!!
hahas..Besides free bus rides, their student union is very very strong too!! How strong?? Well, lets jus say that there is a building named STUDENT UNION BUILDING (aka SUB)! and on the first day of sch, they gave out FREE pancakes! (yes FREE!! Well, for those who immediately tink tat doris wil wake up early to go queue for it, bOY u are SOOO WRONG!! Im not tat greedy oki? N I hav self-discipline! Hahas.. ) n the next immediate day, the student union peeps went ON STRIKE!! Yes, I REPEAT ON STRIKE!! To bargain for wage increase coz they have a min. wage law here n student are allowed to work on campus.. so its been 2 weeks ald n they strike is stil on! Are lessons affected? Sadly NOOO! M I affected by it? YES, U BET!! How so?? Coz the SUB building houses lots of facilities n I WANT TO USE THEM SOOOOOO BADLY!! Arghh.. n the cinema is oso in the SUB! Argghhh.. can someone pls appease the workers so that I can go into SUB to withdraw my money n print my notes!! Pls!!
the cinecenta! watchin movies in sch are cheaper though the movies are 2 weeks older than wads on the market.. but i dun reali mind, i mean its gd tat i dun hav to travel far n yet catch a breather on campus! NUS shld implement this mann..
see the ON STRILE sign?
4. I love their lib for one!! Check it out mann.. doris is ald sooooooo hardworking! Hahas..
how nice is it to spend the afternoon reading ur notes n enjoying both the scenery n a cup of mocha!!
woo lalala
i was soo into doin maths tat i WROTE my workings on the banana skin!! yes!! tats how hardworking i am!!
5. U have to check out their com libs!! They have many different com libs.. well, the main com lab houses TWO MAC labs.. yes FULLY MAC! N one super HUGE room for PC users.. to those MAC users out there, u wil love UVic mannn!! Hahas..
Things that can be improved!!
1. The no. 1 thing I cant stand is THEIR toilets! ARGhH.. everything at UVic is great jus the toilet… yes yes yes, doris is picky, u wana come try? Take a look at the toilets! Tats onli one tiny hook at the back of the door to hang ur bag, den if u hav extra stuff, u jus hav to put them on the FLOOR!! Yes.. so until now I dun even dare to bring my lappy coz I hav to put them on the floor if I use the toilets! Totally *** man!! Hahas..
i cant help but hav e faddish for u noe wad.. hahas.. see its unlike the toilets in NUS, though veri cramp but at least u hav space to ur stuff instead of the floor.
voted best toilet in spore by dlpt: jurong point toilets!!
2. They hav toooo many CARDS! The lib has own lib printing card, the com lib has own printing card, the café has food card, n all students have their ID card, etc.. hahas.. so my dear xh suggest comin to UVic n propose a ONE CARD cover all system, smth like the CASHCARD we use at NUS.. hahas..
3. Their books are EXPENSIVE!! Even a second hand book wil cost mi $100++..
4. Their food!! Well, all I can say is I miss spore food! Their fd here is EX!! One plate of sandwich is ald $4!! One meal at the main café can easily cos u a min. of $4! woOOHAHA.. $4 for bread, ex eh?? Oki, doris stop complaining!! B happy tat u hav food to chew on!!
a meal like this cost mi $5!
oki the joke of the day when DL queued to buy this burger.
DL was queueing to order burger with fries.
its stated on the panel:burger (beef)- plain: 2.75
- add cheese: 3.50
(yes, one slice of cheese is $0.75! next time i wil bring my own cheese from home)
other happenings!!yeah :) thank u garry! Garry was nice enuff to cook for mi!! he is a great cook! gals out there looking for a prospective bf/husband, he's the ONE u're looking for!! (garry if in any case u are reading pls noe tat i DID n I AM ADVERTISING for u, so cook more for mi oki??) haahs..
so if garry cooks, den wad doris do? EAT!! Soo SMART! hey, i went to buy grocery with garry even though he paid for it (hahahaa) n i did the dishes n laid the table! so yes, i did my faithful part too..
the first few wks in canada, i dint eat much coz was stil adjusting.. now tat im adjusted, garry is amazed by how much i CAN EAT!! hahas..
xh, i dint re-use this pic oki? jus to tell u tat i went to subway to EAT AGAIN!! hahas.. i guess its my every sun lunch coz its cheap! hahas..
n so doris continue with her boots hunt n found this pair of roxy boots!! can fight wih the one PCK has oki?? dun play play arrhhh..