4Nov 2008- OBAMA WON!
5 Nov 2008- FAREWELL
Every class I attended used Obama as an example.. be in from pysch class to geog lect.. Everyone was Obama here, Obama there.. :)
Dr. Penny and Esme left for Mexico.. I will miss them!
6 Nov 2008 – GEOG 440
Its Thursday AGAIN! But no, im not excited that its Thursday, coz that means I have a presentation! And boy m I not prepared for it.. for the first time, I had no script or whatsoever, I was sooo afraid that I am off topic or off track because it’s another creativity kind of assignment where lots of things are not spelled out clearly and its up to your own interpretation. My presentation was on hedges and fences of houses at Uplands.
I really wanted to pon class soo badly and escape from presentation, I was even late for class! Larry kept looking at me and came over to ask me when I am gg to present. I asked Larry if I can choose not to present because I really think I am soo off course after listening to Anna’s and Tyson’s wonderful presentation! Dennis sat beside me and kept encouraging me.. He told me not to worry and said that his presentation is so much worst and that I will definitely feel better after hearing his “lousy” presentation. So Dennis went to present and ya, from the looks of his presentation, I can tell he dint put in much effort into it but that dint make me feel any better because his speech provided some unique insights on the power of branding, which no one talked about in class, so it was something fresh! Sarah gave him a 9/10! Oh, we were suppose to peer evaluate..
so ya, Doris FINALLY got off her butt and volunteered to be the second last presenter! Haha.. smart right? Coz she’ll be able to skip Q&A coz of time constraint! If you were there in class, its sooo obvious that Doris so wants to disappear from class and not present. She yes, Doris stammered on almost every word she said.. oh great! N felt super lousy after that.. but cheerful Dennis never fail to encourage her with a smile and few good words! So the class voted for the top 3 presentation and guess wad? Doris was voted top!! Can you believe it?? I CANT! I REALLLLY CANT!! I was like “NO WAY, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?” I really was in a state of shock and disbelief! Larry awarded me with a prize and I was still confused! Dennis told me I should have more confidence in myself and congratulated me. I left class thinking that most probably the class voted out of pity for a foreigner, that’s y.. The more I think, the more I think I dun deserve that prize and I went back to Larry’s office and told him so.. I told him how lacking my presentation was compared to others but he rejected all that and instead pointed out all the excellent points I had. Even as Im typing right now, the fact that I was voted top still haven sank into me!! Of coz im happy but I dun get what people see in my presentation that I dun see? Larry pointed out my analytical strengths and told me to just enjoy this module and not stress over it. Haha..
my prize: