Doris is back from all that flying. – Canada, USA and Korea.
After being back for 3 weeks, she aint doing any better. Not any better at all.
All that travelling opened her eyes to see the world and increased her appetite to travel.
Day in, day out, she thinks about going to New Zealand next.
I miss Canada. I miss the freedom there. I miss Larry’s class. I miss fieldtrips with Dennis, Anna and Lisa. I miss Randy, Kai, Debbie, Moh and Tan. I miss wearing the layers of jacket and not being bothered how people look at you. I miss not having to think what to wear each other, coz even if you wear the same layers inside, no one knows. I hate the idea of waking up and thinking what I should wear today. I miss popping into my warm cosy boots. I miss preparing my own lunch. I miss queueing at the microwave station to heat up my lunch and even dinner. I miss the punctuality of buses. I miss the serenity of the parks. I miss going hiking weekly. I miss watching Friends and Two n the half man. I miss watching Canadian commercials. I miss my pillow buddy. I miss going to Safeway. I miss cooking supper at 2am. I miss going to the crowded library on Sunday. I miss reading in the park with Annabel. I miss the Friday bible study. I miss walking on the streets alone. There’s so much I miss.
But since I am back, I have to move on. Correction, I NEED to move on! I am trying. I am trying! I really am. Please give me time.
Its not easy facing so many people out of the sudden. I dislike going out. I avoid everyone now. I pretend I don’t see people and hope they wont say hi to me. I miss the food but I dun like to go to the canteen coz I duno anyone and its always so crowded. I miss my LUNCHBOX.
Please give me some time.
That’s so much things I need to readjust back. I need to strike a balance between what I have seen abroad and my surroundings now, so that I wont be judgmental and compare between the different societies. I need to redefine the meaning of home. I need to re-look for my national and cultural identity. I need to re-accept the fact that I am suppose to live up to the expectations of reality. I need to re-remember my aims and goals in live. I need to re-search for love, hope and joy. I need to re-establish trust and friendships. I need to re-catch up and find out what happened while I was away. I need to re-this, re-that, and the list goes on endlessly. I need to…
Please give me time.
Chinese New Year jus made me re-think about its meaning. Boring? Tradition? Custom? Obsolete?
ending with this:
After being back for 3 weeks, she aint doing any better. Not any better at all.
All that travelling opened her eyes to see the world and increased her appetite to travel.
Day in, day out, she thinks about going to New Zealand next.
I miss Canada. I miss the freedom there. I miss Larry’s class. I miss fieldtrips with Dennis, Anna and Lisa. I miss Randy, Kai, Debbie, Moh and Tan. I miss wearing the layers of jacket and not being bothered how people look at you. I miss not having to think what to wear each other, coz even if you wear the same layers inside, no one knows. I hate the idea of waking up and thinking what I should wear today. I miss popping into my warm cosy boots. I miss preparing my own lunch. I miss queueing at the microwave station to heat up my lunch and even dinner. I miss the punctuality of buses. I miss the serenity of the parks. I miss going hiking weekly. I miss watching Friends and Two n the half man. I miss watching Canadian commercials. I miss my pillow buddy. I miss going to Safeway. I miss cooking supper at 2am. I miss going to the crowded library on Sunday. I miss reading in the park with Annabel. I miss the Friday bible study. I miss walking on the streets alone. There’s so much I miss.
But since I am back, I have to move on. Correction, I NEED to move on! I am trying. I am trying! I really am. Please give me time.
Its not easy facing so many people out of the sudden. I dislike going out. I avoid everyone now. I pretend I don’t see people and hope they wont say hi to me. I miss the food but I dun like to go to the canteen coz I duno anyone and its always so crowded. I miss my LUNCHBOX.
Please give me some time.
That’s so much things I need to readjust back. I need to strike a balance between what I have seen abroad and my surroundings now, so that I wont be judgmental and compare between the different societies. I need to redefine the meaning of home. I need to re-look for my national and cultural identity. I need to re-accept the fact that I am suppose to live up to the expectations of reality. I need to re-remember my aims and goals in live. I need to re-search for love, hope and joy. I need to re-establish trust and friendships. I need to re-catch up and find out what happened while I was away. I need to re-this, re-that, and the list goes on endlessly. I need to…
Please give me time.
Chinese New Year jus made me re-think about its meaning. Boring? Tradition? Custom? Obsolete?
ending with this:
When you get caught in the rain With no where to run
When you are distraught and in pain Without anyone,
When you keep crying out to be saved But nobody comes
And you feel so far awayThat you just can't fi nd your way home
You can get there alone it's okay once you say.
I can make it through the rain, I can stand up once again On my own and I know
That I'm strong enough to mend, And everytime I feel afraid
I hold tighter to my faith And I live one more day
And I make it through the rain.
And if you keep falling down Don't you dare give in
You will arise safe and sound So keep pressing on steadfastly
And you'll find what you'll need to prevail Once you say.
I can make it through the rain I can stand up once again On my own and I know
That I'm strong enough to mend And everytime I feel afraid
I hold tighter to my faith And I live one more day
And I make it through the rain.
And when the wind blows And shadows grow close
Don't be afraid There's nothing you can't face
And should they tell you You'll never pull through
Don't hesitate, stand tall and say
I can make it through the rain I can stand up once again On my own and I know
That I'm strong enough to mend And everytime I feel afraid
I hold tighter to my faith And I live one more day
And I can make it through the rain
And stand up once again And I'll live one more day and I
I can make it through the rain
Oh yes you can
Oh your gonna make it through the Rain
When you are distraught and in pain Without anyone,
When you keep crying out to be saved But nobody comes
And you feel so far awayThat you just can't fi nd your way home
You can get there alone it's okay once you say.
I can make it through the rain, I can stand up once again On my own and I know
That I'm strong enough to mend, And everytime I feel afraid
I hold tighter to my faith And I live one more day
And I make it through the rain.
And if you keep falling down Don't you dare give in
You will arise safe and sound So keep pressing on steadfastly
And you'll find what you'll need to prevail Once you say.
I can make it through the rain I can stand up once again On my own and I know
That I'm strong enough to mend And everytime I feel afraid
I hold tighter to my faith And I live one more day
And I make it through the rain.
And when the wind blows And shadows grow close
Don't be afraid There's nothing you can't face
And should they tell you You'll never pull through
Don't hesitate, stand tall and say
I can make it through the rain I can stand up once again On my own and I know
That I'm strong enough to mend And everytime I feel afraid
I hold tighter to my faith And I live one more day
And I can make it through the rain
And stand up once again And I'll live one more day and I
I can make it through the rain
Oh yes you can
Oh your gonna make it through the Rain